Thursday, December 4, 2008

Last Post From China

Hard to believe, but it's here at last -- our final day in China, and it's time to say zai jian. We leave early on Friday. We are of mixed feelings -- tired and wanting our own beds; sorry to go so soon. We've had a wonderful time.

We spent our last full day doing the last round of touristy things: one last ride on the ferry, one last tour through a street market, one last round of buying presents (and, I'm embarrassed to say, one new suitcase to put all our new acquisitions in). I just watched the Symphony of Lights for the final time; I never get tired of it (in 12 days, I think I've watched it 6 times).

We've had a marvelous trip and many unforgettable experiences. We will continue to blog about all the things we've done and seen even after we get back home, but I wanted one last chance to post our thoughts from China.

Noah has announced he's used up all the hotel soap, so it's definitely time to go home. Goodbye! Zai jian!

No comments: